ROTOR CONTROLLER/ROTOR STARTER-ASR & RC FCMA TYPE
Working Principale Of Rotor Controller
- Slip dependent Rotor Resistance Starter / Controller are designed with lossy core & based on Rotor frequency dependant resistance design.
- FCMA Slip ring Starter & Slip Regulator are based on dependent resistance design which provide a constant low starting current ,with automatically reducing resistance in-stepwise with motor speed to provide constant torque acceleration of the motor through ASR/RC accelerates driven equipment from stand still to full RPM smoothly without any jerks.
- The FCMA base Automatic Slipring Starter-(ASR) & Slip Regulator/Controller (RC) are connected to the Rotor Terminals of the motor, so that the starting current is limited to a low value with a required starting torque.
- Motor acceleration is smooth, step less and jerk less, as resistance reduction is step less and automatic.
- As the motor speed increases the resistance of FCMA base ASR & RC reduces sleep to keep the constant current & torque so that the load is accelerated.
- After achieving to full speed, Rotor Starter will bypass by built in contactor and during running motor will be acting as Squirrel cage induction motor.
Silent Features Of Rotor Controller
- Range: 5 KW/415 V Upto 6,000 KW/3.3 KV, 6.6 KV, and 11 KV.
- Slip dependant Resistance provides automatic resistance variation during acceleration
- Low Starting current
- High starting torque
- FCMA-ASR/RC- technology provides slip dependent automatic resistance
- Provides constant current & constant torque for smooth acceleration
- Starting torque and starting current adjustable from 100% – 300% depending upon load and motor characteristics.
- Built in bypass contactor for RUN mode.
- Less maintenance.
- No moving parts
- High utility
- Good quality
- Wide application
- Longer working life
- Less energy consumption
Advantages Of Rotor Controller
- Models are available to suit individual motor kilowatt and Rotor Volt & Rotor Current Data.
- Single & Multi drive versions for ease of connection, location and economy.
- Dry type & oil immersed executions are available in full range to suit site conditions.
- Indoor, Outdoor, Dust & weatherproof models are available.
Applicable Standards Rotor Controller
- Low, Medium & high voltage F.C.M.A.Slipdependant Rotor Starter & regulators are designed, manufactured & tested in line with relevent clauses of IEC / BS / IS 5553 standards.
- The general standards applicable are as follows IEC34 /BS4999/BS5000/IS 325.