Low Tension Soft Starter
Working Principle Of Low Tension Soft Starter
- FCMA soft starters are step less reduced Voltage starters which ensure a constant low starting current with incremental voltage and torque to the motor to achieve smooth acceleration of the drive.
- The Soft Starter is connected in series with the motor and thus controls the starting current and starting torque
- As the motor speed increases the FCMA impedance decreases due to counter emf feedback to achieve incremental voltage and torque for the motor while keeping the current constant.
- The voltage across the motor increases smoothly from the starting value(50-60%) to run value(94-98%) with motor speed.
- A built-in bypass contactor closes to ensure full voltage running of the motor.
- Bypass contactor operation can be time, Current or speed based.
Silent Features Of Low Tension Soft Starter
- Range: 0.5 -1000 KW, 380 – 690 V
- Starting current limit up to 1.P.U
- Unique FCMA technology
- Amplitude control
- Sinusoidal Waveform
- Built in bypass for full voltage
- Run Indoor and outdoor models in Line or in Phase models available
- Suitable for extreme weather conditions-EPOXY casted unit
- No electronic components
- Technology-Magnetic Flux Compensation Control
- Starting of Motor with limited KVA
- In built Bypass system for full voltage during running
- No Internal-External cooling required.
- Harmonic free
- Less maintenance
Advantages Of Low Tension Soft Starter
- Starting with limited power source
- Saving capital cost in power system
- Smooth starting & acceleration without jerk
- Higher Motor life
Applicable Standards Low Tension Soft Starter
- Low voltage FCMA Soft Starters are designed and manufactured and tested in line with relevant clauses of IEC/ IS standards. The General standards applicable are IS 5553, IEC60071-2, IEC60060-1, IEC 62271-1, IS7816:1975, IS12661(Part1):1988, IEC60529.
- The FCMA Soft Starters are tested at Central Power research institute (CPRI) Bangalore, INDIA.
- The Soft Starters are tested at National Aeronautical laboratories (NAL) Bangalore for Seismic certification for use in Atomic power stations.The Soft Starters are tested at National Aeronautical laboratories (NAL) Bangalore for Seismic certification for use in Atomic power stations.